Mobile Food Vendor Freedom Act: EFFECTIVE JUNE 7TH, 2023
Key things to know about this new law if you are a mobile vendor:
1. The Mobile Food Vendor Freedom Act, ONLY applies for WEST VIRGINIA RESIDENTS
2. You MUST get a “vendor county of residence” permit with your county of residence!
3. If you would like a reciprocity permit, you must alert the county you are wishing to travel
to at least 14 days prior NO EXCEPTIONS.
You live in Berkeley County and have a mobile unit. You are permitted with Berkeley County but, are hoping to work in Jefferson County:
You call Jefferson County AT LEAST 14 days prior.
You will fill out an application for reciprocity, schedule an inspection, AND receive a reciprocity permit.
4. Your reciprocity permit is valid for the same amount of time as your county of residence
5. You must get a reciprocity permit for each individual county you wish to operate in.
6. Your reciprocity permit is free of charge but, upon an inspection, if a reinspection is
needed you can be charged a reinspection fee.