Health Department

8:30AM - 4:30PM M-F,  (304) 263-5131


Other Programs

In addition to the many program pages provided, the Berkeley County Health Department oversees additional environmental  programs.

For more information on the programs listed below, please contact us

​Child Care Facilities:
(Family Daycare, Child Care Centers)

These facilities require a permit.  Inspections are performed at least twice per year.  In addition, child care centers also require a food establishment permit.

General Sanitation:
(Schools, Recreational Facilities, Institutions, Lodging Facilities, Care Facilities)  
These programs require a permit under the General Sanitation Rule.  These facilities are inspected at least once per year.

Manufactured Home Communities:
Manufactured Home Communities (formerly Mobile Home Parks) require a permit.  Also any new community must be approved thru this department before any construction begins.  Inspections of parks are performed at least once per year.

Recreational Water Facilities:
(Includes: indoor/outdoor pools, spas, hot tubs, bathing beaches)

These facilities require a permit and are inspected at least twice per year.  Most of these facilities require a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) to be at their disposal.  Any new facilities must be approved prior to construction to insure they meet specification requirements.

Body Piercing/Tattoo Studios:
These facilities require a permit.  They are inspected at least once per year.​

Environmental Services

Not only do we provide programs for your health, we also ensure your surroundings are safe.